It is just a few days and we will welcome the coming of Eid al-Fitr or the feast of breaking fast, this feast is the real meaning of happiness when all families and friends gather together to celebrate the coming of the feast with all its delightful manifestation after the ending of the holy month Ramadan asking Allah to accept all their good deeds including fasting, reading Quraan, their prayers and all their charity works.
Eid al-Fitr is an amazing occasion when you can feel happiness everywhere and all Muslims around the world become as one community.
Eid al-Fitr is considered a hugely important date in Islamic calendar because it is the feast of breaking the fast as it is a sign of the end of the holy month Ramadan and the beginning of the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar Shawwal.
The history of Eid al-Fitr
This feast was first celebrated by our Islamic prophet Mohammed “Peace be upon him” in Medina after the migration of the prophet from Mecca according to the tradition because when he arrived to Medina, he founds people celebrating two specific days as a sign of joy and entertainment then he asked them about the nature of these festivals and they replied they used to entertain themselves in these two days, after that Allah determined to celebrate with the feast of al-Fitr and al-Adha instead of these festivals in these two days.
This is according to the report of Anas (RA).
Celebrations of Eid al-Fitr in UAE
Eid al-Fitr celebrations start when we see the new crescent moon in the sky of the Islamic lunar month of Shawwal in the sky, as about 1.8 billion Muslims celebrate Eid Al-Fitr all over the world, these celebrations differ from country to another according to the traditions of its people and we will focus on the manifestations of the feast in UAE.
In UAE, the feast is considered as public holiday in public and private sectors’ associations, there are many amazing and attractive celebrations for Eid al-Fitr as following:
• Families start the feast day with the feast prayer; then they follow it with the lunch time with friends and relatives.
• They exchange gifts and sweets with their friends and donate to the less fortunate in this time.
• All people Muslims and non-Muslims go out to celebrate in the streets, malls, cinema, and restaurants.
• In Dubai, The city is full of happiness, different activities, dance performance, live music and special shows in the main streets.
• In malls of Dubai, you can find roaming shows, special performances and music concerts.
• In Dubai, you can enjoy the top theme park IMG worlds of adventure and the store of the resorts all over the city.
• People also is celebrating the feast with food as they share it with friends and families in homes or restaurants, Ouzi is the local dish in Dubai that consists of succulent lamb or goat mixed with rice and topped with fried pine nuts and chicken machboos as well, in addition to sweet and donut dough balls covered with honey.