World Cup 2018 Opening Ceremony!
The 2018 World Cup is finally here with the eyes of the globe turning towards Russia. It promises to be an action-packed, drama-filled month as 736 players from 32 nations arrive for a feast of football, to take part in one of the biggest events in the entire world; the World Cup.
FIFA opening ceremony which is widely known for its beauty is expected to take place on 13/14 June 2018. The ceremony is expected to be attended but a number of celebrities along with their celebrity performances. Thus, many people are looking for FIFA World Cup opening ceremony.
So here are a few things you need to know and a few more to look out for:
1. Host country: For 2018, Russia is considered the host country of the World Cup. The matches will be held in 12 Russian cities and the event is set to begin on June 14 and will conclude on July 15 with the final game played that day to crown the winner.
2. Start time and duration: The opening ceremony is supposed to start half an hour before the beginning of the match between both Russia and Saudi Arabia. And it is also supposed to last for only half an hour.
3. Theme song: This year the World Cup’s official song is called “Live It Up,” and it is supposed to be performed by a number of famous celebrities like Will Smith. However, it is not confirmed yet if this song will be performed at the opening ceremony of the World Cup in Moscow.
4. Local performances: It would not be an opening ceremony without the stage being handed to some local talent. So there are going to be 500 gymnasts and dancers involved in the celebration of Russian culture, besides uncountable number of various shows.
5. Teams and players: The event will include about 736 players from 32 different countries. The teams that will take part in the World Cup Russia 2018 are: Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Denmark, Egypt, England, France, Germany, Iceland, Iran, Japan, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, Tunisia, and Uruguay.
While some of the most talented players that will take part in the World Cup this year are: Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal), Neymar (Brazil), Lionel Messi (Argentina), Isco (Spain), Mohamed Salah (Egypt), Toni Kroos (Germany), besides other talented players. And the first match is supposed to be between the host country (Russia) and Saudi Arabia on June 14, 2018.